Thursday, January 28, 2016

Realization

January 26th
Woke up at 6:30 a.m. this morning.
Ugh... I hate early mornings... Then, I realized: if I do go to El Salvador, during the week will be an earlier morning than even this! "Better get used to it and quit whining!" my thoughts say. "Good point..." the drowsy, lazy side of me replies.
It is exciting to think that in 3 to 4 months I could be "moving" to a foreign country... It'll be a lot of changes...
I remember how coming to college felt like culture shock to me since I had lived in Washington for my entire life, but I feel like El Salvador may be even more so. It helps to have a boyfriend who's been there and a lot of support from my friends and family.
Overall, I'm excited for this great opportunity and I'm sure it would be one of the most wonderful experiences of my life so far!

. . .


"If the only thing standing between you and God's will are preferences, then what are you waiting on? Go for it!"
                                              (Random thought during chapel, January 26th)

No comments:

Post a Comment